Monday, December 2, 2013

Redefined Love of an Arranged Marriage



I can not forget how I you looked and when I met you for the first time,
I had butterflies in my stomach, I wore my peach dress and a sweet smile..
I still remember those days, text messages and meetings we had,
Oh! I can't skip our arguments and fights which drove us mad..
Although we had our moments of "getting to know each other",
I was still not in love..and was unsure about our marriage and future..
Sometimes I was excited, sometimes I felt loved and sometimes I was misunderstood,
But mostly I was scared of this decision and I was terribly confused.. 
Now after living a hundred and ninety eight days of our marriage with you ,
Today I feel how naive, ignorant and stupid I was to doubt you..
You haven't let any day pass without expressing how much you love me,
With you there hasn't been a night when you haven't hugged me..
I cook for you once in a while and you buy me gifts occasionally,
You are a spouse, a guide and my friend I can trust completely.. 
Our fights haven't reduced, we argue, we cry sometimes and complain, 
Honey but our love conquers these fights each time and would still remain same.. 
You have accepted me with all my imperfections and loved me everyday,
your unconditional and selfless love has made me a different "Me" today.. 
Each day I thank God for blessing me with you my darling,
I thank you for being so understanding, caring and loving..
Actually I thank you for being "you"! 

Love you forever and always..

P.S.1 - Thanks to my dearest friend Khushboo and her entire family for introducing me to you! :)
P.S.2 - I am back again and a Big Hello to my Blogville friends :) ! I hope you remember me :P

6 comments:

  1. P.S.1. ..Present ma'am! haha
    you just refreshed all those lovely, sweet n sour memories Megha! I say sweet n sour coz just as you were going thru all those highs n lows of a new relationship, so were we..the unsurity of our decision, the nervousness of whether it'll work out ..all vanished fynaly with this blissfull communion :)
    and at the end we realise that it's only sticking to it and believing in the relationship that brought about these successful 198 days (wow! congratz man!) and inshallah the days and years to come!
    Loved the poem ..nostalgic and a true expression of Love in an Arranged marriage :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You! Specially made it possible for us! :) Thank you is a small word to say we feel a lot deeply for what you have done for us!
      Love you always!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back Megha :) Wish you a blissful married life and hope to see regular posts from you in the new year.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reshma, I am so sorry for such a late reply! But this year you can expect regular posts on my Blog :)

      How are things at your end? Wish to read something from you soon! Happy new year!

      Delete
  3. Hey Megha! I am back after hibernating for about good 16 months or so. Just read this today, loved it. The feelings are wonderfully expressed in words. Its so refreshing!
    Wish you a very happy married life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anupam! I am sorry for replying so late.. But I am glad I still did :) Your comments have always brought a smile to my face!
      How is life going at your end?
      Wishing you a great year ahead! Will look forward to read something from you soon!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I will be thankful if you speak your mind and drop in a line or two :-)